around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A few of my favorite things

My new favorite quote:

"The problem with aging is not that it's one damn thing after another -- it's every damn thing, all at once, all the time."
Old Man's War by John Scalzi

My favorite electronic toy:

My Amazon Kindle - I just got my Kindle2, but I've had the original Kindle since last June.

Favorite features of the Kindle2:
- text to speech. Ok, so the voice is funky, but you can adjust the reading speed and the voice can be male or female. It's great when I'm working on something tedious (like all the keying I've been doing lately).
- variable text size. The original Kindle has this, too, but the large text in the new one is a bit larger. This is great for me, since the vision isn't getting any better.

My favorite professional:

My medical massage therapist. Granted, she's almost fighting a losing battle against the kinks in my neck and shoulders, but she's doing her darndest to force those muscle to relax. If you've never had deep tissue or trigger point massage - it's not the relaxing Swedish massage. It's actually rather painful starting out (or at least it was for me). Of course, I was in so much pain anyway that there wasn't much that wasn't going to hurt.

Well, that's all I have time for now. I was waiting for a report to finish running and it looks like it did. The auditors will be gone after this week and hopefully I'll be on a more reasonable schedule.
Who knows? Maybe I'll actually get to knit again! Or even go to a violin lesson!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[makes warding signs at the mention of auditors]

Old Man's War! I love Scalzi's books. And that quote is so, so true.

You like your Kindle? I'm just against it on principle. I've never even laid eyes on one. And yet? Against it. Who needs facts? lol.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are having a crzy time at work, I'm never going to get my knitting time in. So I can empathize. Hope all is well otherwise!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Traceyleezle said...

I have been checking out those Kindles. They are so cool. Although, after the wheel, I don't think I'm allowed any more cool toys...at least until my birthday.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home