around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Monday, September 01, 2008

Knitting at last - Water Turtles Shawl

Having more problems with my neck again. Waiting for the results on my CT scan (oh, joy). Maybe we'll finally figure out what's going on...
Haven't been able do much knitting (or much of anything else).

But I have started a shawl from my penny-dyed handspun. Went back to my Wrapped in Comfort shawl book by Alison Jeppson Hyde and have started her Water Turtles Shawl. I actually managed to only completely restart it once, which given my track record with lace is pretty good. I can actually count to 10! That's the design repeat count and I make darn sure that it comes out to 10 each time.

Alison has this pattern rated as Easy which certainly challenging enough for me right now. A big advantage to this pattern - it doesn't have a separate edging and is only a 4 row repeat so I can keep going 'til I run out of yarn. Always a good thing when dealing with handspun. I think I've got about 1200 yards, but that's assuming that I accurately measured the darn stuff when I was making it. I've certainly got enough to make a generously-sized shawl.
The color in the photos is still coming out more blue-gray than the yarn really is. It's more an olive green. I'll try to get better pictures as I progress.



Perhaps I'll be able to post more often now. I'm hoping that work has settled down a bit. We'll see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty! And congratulations on counting to ten, I run into problems with six. Shhh.

Water Turtles, what a great name! Your penny dyed handspun looks exactly right for it.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it, the name interests me. I hope you figure out the root of your pain, living in pain is not fun.

I thought of you this morning as I went to my sock drawer, unfortunately though it was too warm to wear my beautiful wool socks, but whenever I can I wear them. They are perfect.

Work has been so insane that I have been completely out of blog world. But I just got a laptop, so decided to spend some of my knitting time catching up on people's blog and starting a new blog. But I still won't be able to post much at all.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home