around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Around and round

I'm spinning again... My usual lazy woman's version of spinning uses a support spindle (that I usually use more like a bottom whorl) to make singles, then a top whorl spindle to ply.

I've got something shy of 2 pounds of washed x-bred white wool that I bought a few years ago from Hardscrabble Farms on eBay. It's pretty nice and I'm just spinning off the lock. The bits of hay (not much) are falling out pretty easily as I spin and I'm ending up with a fingering weight? 2 ply yarn.

I'm thinking about another shawl out of my Wrapped in Comfort book. I may even start it before I've finished spinning - just to add to the excitement. I did take the precaution of weighing my completed skeins and the remaining wool so I'm pretty darn sure this time that I'll have enough to complete a good-sized shawl.

And since the spinning is only so-so on portability (it's a little ackward to take out at the restaurant), I'm also working on a Socks that Rock sock in Beryl medium weight.And this is what happens when you leave your comfy pillow on the couch for longer than a minute.

3 Comments:

Blogger Traceyleezle said...

Ha! Pillow thief. What a pretty kitty.

I love that Beryl, it's so gorgeous. I have been oogling that colorway for a while. Who am I kidding, I've been oogling a bunch of them for a while.

I've been spinning too. I even got something akin to a laceweight. I'm having a hard time deciding what I'm going to send to you. Regardless, I hope you will find my skill much improved. I'm going to have to check out that seller on ebay.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you'd expect with such a comfy looking spot. Abandoned.

Your yarn looks good! It'll make a really cute comfy shawl.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So tonight I arrived home, and what did I find A LOVELY LOVELY PACKAGE! Thank you so much for the socks. I absolutely love them. And they fit perfectly! In fact trhey fit better then any socks I have ever knit for myself. I'll post pictures of my happy happy feet on my blog this weekend. It was such a wonderful surprise! Thank you so much. You made my month! Shoot my year. I don't know when someone has done something so nice for me. I am overwhelmed. Thank you!!!!!!!!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home