around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Bigfoot shawl - comfort at last!



Project: Bigfoot Shawl from Wrapped in Comfort: Knitted Lace Shawls by Alison Jeppson Hyde
Yarn: 1100 yards 2-ply handspun fingering weight merino by Mary Hoge at Woolen Webs (bearspinner at yahoo dot com) - colorway Rose Quartz
Needles: Addi Natura circulars 5mm (a really long set)

I don't think I've ever had a big project come together this quickly - 2 1/2 weeks from start to finish.

I love the pattern, it's just what I wanted. I love the yarn, it's delicious.

Wore it at work today - it's perfect. Not too long (doesn't catch in everything), not too short (I like to keep my arms warm), and it stays on without pinning, tying, or adjusting every five seconds. The yarn so soft and combined with the lacy pattern, provides just the right amount of warmth for the office.

It blocked out to about 24 1/2 inches along the center back. Just right.

It reminds me of the cape that Irene Dunne wears near the end of 'I remember Mama'. I watched the movie (again) not long ago and loved the fit of that piece.

Aaaahhh.... comfort.

Now - back to my comfort bedjacket. I finally picked up the stitches for the first sleeve and am back in the running.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, cool! Look at that--that's gorgeous! Happy dance, happy dance... It is so incredible to see something I had some small bit to do with, and it just happens to be my birthday. You're wonderful. Thank you!

--Alison Hyde at www.spindyeknit.com

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's gorgeous! And 2 1/2 weeks? And good at work? Hmmm.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH its absolutely beautiful!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Traceyleezle said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Cynthia. You should be really proud. I know, I know, you couldn't have done it without Scamp's help.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came over from the link on Ravelry. This is so beautiful. I'm just starting to think about knitting this shawl, and yours is a wonderful inspiration.

10:38 PM  
Blogger 鳳梨酥Blue said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home