around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

random...

Stalking the wild butterfly photographer in his native habitat - the Dallas Arboretum. Nothing like taking a picture of someone taking a picture! We spent a glorious day there a couple of weekends ago.

Random beautiful tree and beautiful sky at the Arboretum.
My Comfort bedjacket - the back is complete and I've started the front. I still haven't addressed the flippy border, but think I'll try taking a tuck first and seeing what that does. If it doesn't work, I'll grab the scissors and start cutting.
Gorgeous handspun from Mary at Woolen Webs. She's working on a website but doesn't have it up yet. (E-mail her at bearspinneratyahoodotcom.) She forced me to purchase this 1100 yards of fingering weight 2-ply merino wool - colorway Rose Quartz. Isn't it purty? And wonderfully soft and still smelling faintly of lanolin.

When I picked it up I immediately thought - cape. Not a wrap that falls off my shoulders. A shawl or cape that has enough fit to stay put. A little bit of lace - not much, just enough for interest.

I looked at tons of shawls, wraps and capes online for ideas. Was greatly tempted by Jackie E-S's Cascading Hearts Faroese Shawl.

I thought about E-Z's Pi R Square shawl - a good example here.

Then I found the Strawberry Pie Shawl at SpinDyeKnit. And she's got a whole book of patterns with yoked semi-circular shawls - Wrapped in Comfort. I'll be ordering the book today so we'll see...

Prestrung beads from Mary Jo at knit1beadtoo. (think it's her Earth colorway). I'm going to try her little thimble/amulet bag. She showed us how at the Dallas Handknitters Guild in October. I've had my size 0000 needles for a couple of years and never used them so here's my chance.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lovely purple, I can't wait to see what you make with it! So, did he find any butterflies? Do Monarchs flock there? They have a huge nesting area in Pacific Grove, California, about 90 minutes south of us.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love those pictures you shared from your weekend! It's snowing heavily over here and everything is covered in white by now, so seeing that blue sky on your pics sure makes me feel happy! And I really love the purple yarn you chose, such a beautiful color! Looking forward to seeing what you're going to make with it!

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohhh with that combination of yarn and beads I bet it'll be gorgeous.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Traceyleezle said...

0000 needles? Oy Cynthia that gives me a headache just thinking about it.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home