around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, August 30, 2007

I've got the blues....

The mid-summer blues....

I don't feel like knitting (gasp!), spinning, sewing, violin-playing, anything.
Blech!

Work has been overwhelming and is going to continue to be overwhelming for the forseeable future.

OK, now that I've depressed myself, let me count some of the nice things now:

1. Work may be a drag right now, but it pays well, has lots of responsiblity and variety (for accounting anyway) and I have a boss that leaves me to get on with it.

2. My DH and I are really enjoying the new kitties.


Scamp is living up to her name and is a growing girl - 1 lb 3 oz gain in 3 weeks! She's about 8 months old now and is looking to be a pretty good-sized kitty when she's finished. She has become a champion ball-fetcher. Throw the ball and she'll race to bring it back to you as many times as necessary.

Bonnie alternately ignores me and uses me as a bed. Which is fine except when she starts kneading my stomach with her razor sharp claws (and that's with clipping their claws once a week). Just when you think she's going to ignore you forever, she flops on her back, gives you that 'I'm-a-beautiful-princess' look and purrs at you.

3. My violin teacher got married this last weekend. He's been floating around on little pink clouds for a while now. They've gone to Hawaii for their honeymoon and I hope they're having a great time.

4. My DH & I are going to either the Arboretum or Lake Ray Roberts this weekend to enjoy the outdoors and take butterfly pictures.

......I feel better now.

And look! One whole sock and part of another! I'm still managing a little knitting even when I'm grumpy.


Regia Bamboo Color, US size one Brittany Birch dpns, a horseshoe cable on each side (which is utterly invisible in the picture - trust me, it's there).

These are for my husband - he picked out the color himself. This stuff is really soft and nice to work with. It's 45% bamboo, 40% superwash wool and 15% polymid.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Aw, I'm so glad the kitties are adjusting! I know what you mean, this is a tough time of year for knitting. I just want autumn to arrive...

I'm noticing a lot more Monarchs floating around this year, which is excellent news. So lovely...

4:36 AM  
Blogger Traceyleezle said...

I have really wanted to try the bamboo. Everyone keeps saying how soft it is.

I am sooo ready for Autumn, I am sick of summer. Cooler weather seems to reinvigorate the knitters.

Glad to see the kitties have adjusted. They are just too cute.

Hopefully I'll be able to send you some homespun soon. I really want to be good at it, so it will be "just right"!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Kittens! Squee!

I'm sorry, did you say something else? ;)

Have a good weekend!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home