around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Friday, June 08, 2007

proof of life

Tap, tap, tap of shoes approaching in a darkened room. The click of a light switch. And she's back.

No, I haven't disappeared. Or been kidnapped by aliens. I just haven't had much to say lately and it's hard to maintain a knitting blog when I'm not knitting (or spinning, or crocheting, or quilting, or anything crafty).

What have I been doing while healing my neck? Reading. Listening to audio books. Working. (Boring, isn't it.)

Fortunately, the neck is much better and I'm much more sensible about how much I carry at one time. I'm still having to be reasonable about knitting time (no marathons), but at least I can knit more than a few stitches at a time now.




And look! I finally finished Mom's socks. This is the pair that I was making for Mother's Day. Granted I knew that I wouldn't have them finished by Mother's Day, but this is ridiculous.

And I looked at my second qiviut scarf.... I've somehow managed to lose not 1, but 2! stitches somewhere. Apparently about 3 repeats ago. Sigh. So I'm trying to decide if I want to just magically add 2 stitches in where I think I misplaced them or do I rip back 3 of the 15 repeats and fix it properly. At this point, I'll probably add the stitches and move on. After blocking, no-one will ever know except me and you and you won't tell, will you?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

I certainly won't tell- nice to see you back.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee, I certainly won't tell a soul.
Those socks look down right tropical in that picture with the leafy shade all around them.
I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend and that you can knit again. I think I would cry daily if I injured myself in such a way as to prevent me from knitting.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Sure I'll tell but only to justify my doing the same when I have to ;-)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Never! I do the same thing...

Glad you're back, and that your neck is getting better!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't say a word.

Reading isn't boring! Work might be. What've you been reading?

The socks look great and baby your poor neck.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home