around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Know your priorities Part II

OK everyone, thanks for all the enabling! I knew I'd avoid buyer's remorse if you helped validate my decision to buy a another wheel. (giggle) The wheel was shipped yesterday (I hope).

I still need clothes, shoes, house stuff, etc., but what I got to spend my money on this week was a new tooth.

One of my teeth decided to crack (I promise I did nothing to help this along - it did it all on its own). The dentist thought I may need a root canal, but we did just a crown instead. Oh, and a crown lengthening, too. I just went and looked that term up on the internet - sometimes too much information is not good before the procedure. I'm glad I didn't know exactly what they were up to in there. I was at the dentist's office 5 hours yesterday.

Even with dental insurance, I'm now much, much poorer.

Per the dentist I may still need the root canal later on - we're waiting to see if the tooth settles down. Maybe I'll sing it lullabys every night.

Rock-a-bye toothie, in the sore gum,
When the Tylenol blows , the toothie will hum
When the crown breaks, the toothie will fall
and out will come toothie, money and all.

Guess it's a good thing that I've got plenty of stash - the yarn/fiber budget just went down the tubes.

And now for knitting news:

The red Mom socks are done!


Yarn: Lang Jawoll sock yarn (and I never did use that reinforcing yarn they provided)

Color: Bright red (sorry I don't have the number handy)

Needles: Size 2.25mm Brittany Birch double points

Pattern: Kind of my own thing, although I think I got the idea for the leg pattern from a Knitting Vintage Socks pattern - it looks familiar anyway.

And now on to sis-in-law #1's socks. I promised both of the sis-in-laws socks, since they saw the pair I made my father-in-law. (I think it was the way they pleaded that did it.)


This is Socks that Rock in medium weight Nodding Violet. I'm using 2.75mm size 2 Brittany birch dpns and my own pattern.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Oh you poor thing! Though I'm not sure which one is more painful ... putting in a crown or blowing the yarn budget ;-)

I'm glad I visit the in-laws only once a year and I'm immune to all pleading and flattery! But your sister-in-law should be happy with those. The colours are gorgeous.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh, that's awful! That's good yarn money!

Oh, I'm kidding - I hope you're OK! That's a great little ditty, by the way...

4:35 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Ooohh- very painful, not least to the yarn budget!

I'm just wondering how Marina gets away with only one visit a year?

7:45 AM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Hope the tooth is feeling better! At least the anticipation of the new wheel will be a great distraction :)

Love the socks! And that red is terrific.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home