around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Home is where the heart is

Soppy, but true. Home is where Mom and her heart would like to be right now. After over 2 weeks in the hospital, she's getting right tired of the whole thing. So is Dad. He has been staying at the hospital every night, except for the one time this weekend when I spelled him.

She got a pacemaker today - a fashion accessory for the new valves and arteries she got for Valentine's Day. Think of it as an early birthday present. Her birthday is tomorrow.

I'm making her a pair of bright red socks as a coming home/birthday present, although I'm hoping that she'll be home long before the socks are finished. (Pictures coming when I actually feel like taking the camera and the knitting out of the bag.)

I really like the yarn, Lang Jawoll. It's softer than the Regia I usually use and comes with a nifty little spool of reinforcing yarn for the heels and toes. Let's see if I actually remember to use the reinforcing yarn when I get that far. And, as I mentioned above, it's in a nice bright red.

More knitting content when my life slows down...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hospital rest is the worst type of rest. I hope your mom gets to come home soon. Take care.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Until life slows down...I'll keep on praying.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

I'm glad your Mom is coming home! That's great news.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bright red socks sound like a perfect get well and come home knit!

Hope she feels much much better w/the pacemaker and all and does get to come home soon. And that your life gets more manageable and fun!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Cynthia- The best thing would be for your Mom to be home. Let's hope it's soon.

I'm sure she'll love the socks.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home