around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's looking sweaterly

You know how hard it is to stop eating peanuts (popcorn, potato chips, -insert favorite snack food here-)? That's how this cardigan is affecting me. It's simple stockinette, which would normally have me bored pretty quickly, but this has so many little things going on that it's really keeping my interest.

See the shawl collar? (This collar treatment is optional, by the way. The 'standard' collar is just a continuation of the button band.) It's got a clever little trick to make it lie down correctly and is done with a series of short rows. Who knew that garter stitch could be fun?

The sleeve - normally something I dread - is keeping my interest too. It's knit down from the body (always nice) and has a nice little underarm gusset decrease thing going on.

I'm not even pretending that I'm going to work on anything else 'til this is done. So there.
(Well, I'm still working on my stockinette sock #2, but I'm not even off the ribbing for it .... so it hardly counts.)

I see now why some of the guild members are working on their 3rd or 4th cardigan from this pattern.

Look at those needles getting chomped! And that's after I chased her away three times. Bad Emy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Awww- Emy's just trying to help. She's a cute kitty.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Look! She's got one white sock ;-) And she's just giving her seal of approval.

I love shawl collars. Shhh, I love garter stitch but only for "edges" like hems, sleeve bands, collars ...

11:56 AM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

Gosh. I love that cardigan. The contrasting yarns turned out great! It is so on my list of things to knit this year.

Cats. What's not to love? :) Their mischief always makes me smile because I know what I would be saying if that were MY cat in MY needles. :)

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear that's funny, it's just like me chasing JinBao away from my yarn. What is is with animals and knitting, I think they are secretly jealous and are getting even for not having opposable thumbs.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

It really is looking great! Once you find a good pattern, you keep it!

Aw, she's so sweet! What it is with kitties and knitting needles?!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, tasty needles!

I love shawl collars too. I might have to try that pattern out.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home