around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

6 Weird Things About Me

I've been tagged!

Of course, nothing about me seems weird to me, since it's me. Let's see what I can come up with that might seem weird to someone else.....

1. Most of the time I sleep sitting up. From years of allergies and asthma, I have a hard time breathing when lying flat.

2. I'm terrified of going to the dentist. I realize that lots of people are scared of dentist visits, but my blood pressure has gone so high (it's normally very low) that they've had to wait 45 minutes before working on me.

3. I walk around with a book in hand all the time; even if I know I won't have time to read it. (Just think of Linus and his blue blanket.)

4. I have to read before I go to sleep. Sometimes it's only a few minutes, but I need to switch off before trying to sleep and this is the only way.

5. I considered the cheesy sci-fi tv show Lost in Space scary when I was young.

6. You know how some kids want to be teachers or firemen when they grow up? I wanted to be a nun. Mom told me that Methodists don't have nuns.... (I totally blame movies like The Trouble with Angels and The Singing Nun and tv shows like The Flying Nun.) Since I couldn't be a nun, I wanted to be an Air Force pilot. Then I found out that you couldn't wear glasses and be an Air Force pilot. So I'm an accountant instead?

I'm not tagging anyone (just because).

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nun to Air Force Pilot to Accountant. Now that's some transition!

Nice to know more about you.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have wanted to do this meme for so long, but every time I read someone else's I find something on their list I can identify with, so I keep on running out of "weird" things.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I totally understand about the dentist- it's called nitrous oxide and it solved all my problems.
I also read before bed, even if I'm dead tired.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

I agree with Lorraine - two words: Laughing. Gas.

Hmmmm...not too weird at all!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Trouble With Angesl! I loved that movie. And Lost in Space was scary. Then.

Having a book at all times can't possibly be weird. Maybe I left something off my list? ;)

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading through your "6 weird things" - and I can so relate to #4!
Happy New Year, and all the best to you and your family!

3:34 AM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

hehehehe I hate dentists, too. Last time my blood pressure scared them as well. Of course, I knew what it was.!!! Ugh! Hate it. I really like your sock pattern. Thanks for sharing that. Happy New Year!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home