around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Friday, December 08, 2006

Still-life with Sock

Thrilling title, no?

More of the same yarn I used for the Gentleman's Fancy Sock. A simple 5x1 rib top-down, with the heel-flap and gusset. I may actually write this one down and add it to my free patterns. If nothing else, that way I won't lose the pattern when I'm getting ready to do Sock #2.

This one is going fairly quickly, but that means I haven't been working on the Cat's Paw the last few days.

Seredipity! I've been struggling with the all-over background pattern for my Pictish Fair Isle. Just couldn't quite get what I wanted. A co-worker left some Christmas stocking patterns on my desk this afternoon and I was casually looking them over.

All the sudden, the pattern on the cuff of one of the stockings caught my attention. That's what I've been trying for! There's a chart and everything!

Now let's see if it actually works...... swatch, anyone?


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, can't wait to see the swatch.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

"Swatching"? What is "swatching"?!

I'm just kidding... I for one would like to see your sock pattern! I'm always looking for easy sock patterns, as they are *not* my strong point! Especially top down...

4:30 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Unlike Brigitte, I believe in swatching ... ~41 inch circumference x 4 inches. Any bigger and it's a garment ;-)

This is exciting! Your own Fair Isle!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, all the best of luck to you - that's definitely a very challenging project, and mind you, I can't wait to see the swatch!

4:15 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

It's amazing, isn't it? All you have to do is look around you, and there's inspiration everywhere.
Looking forward to the swatch.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the title.

I love the color of those socks, very rich and drawing.

Swatch, I don't believe I'm familiar with that word. :-)

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home