around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Happiness is...

...getting my Jamieson & Smith order! That means I can start swatching...and that means I need to make up my mind on part of my design. I've had the large figural part done for ages, but keep changing my mind on the vertical motifs.

Looks like they didn't have any color 125 done up in the 25 gram balls - I've got a 100 gram hank there that I'll need to wind up.

Even with a color card, it's hard to tell exactly what you're going to get. Should be interesting to see how all these colors are going to work together. (The reds are the background, by the way.)


Happiness is...watching Emy try to scratch her chin with a back paw, while balancing on the other three legs. It would be a lot easier if you'd sit down, Emy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Oops! I didn't mention that I usually receive one or two colors in hanks, did I? Totally normal for them. I think you'll find that it's actually 4 25gm hanks just done up to look like one. Hope the service was OK?

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT amazes me how acrobatic cats can be and not fall over.

Ahh Jameison yarn, how fun. Can't wait to see what it knits up to be.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Mum, I am trying to demonstrate my superior feline grace and balance.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

Cats crack me up. Pooey on anyone who says cats don't have great personalities like dogs. Can't wait to see what you'll knit with the Jameison.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

How exciting- there's nothing in the world like the thrill of receiving a package of yarn.
Emy looks very happy for you as well.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Aw, what a sweet little face!

Oooo, it's always exciting to get yarn, isn't it?! Can't wait to see your swatches.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home