around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

No title, but....

Marriage Gansey


....everything progresses

I'd post pictures of the Country Socks and the Lacy Scarf, but it's not really necessary. Use your imagination - they are both a bit longer than Monday's picture.

Thanks for all the suggestions on Jamieson and Smith vendors - and for the offer to walk down to Four Seasons and find out what's going on (thanks, Brigitte!). If I don't hear from Jo-Anne in the next day or two, I'll give her a call and get an update. Like I said on Monday, this has not been a typical shopping experience - usually she's very responsive.

I'm probably going to order direct from J&S next time. Marina tells me that she usually has a good turn-around from them.

Speaking of yarn stores - I went to one I've not been to before. Simpatico Yarns in Bedford, Texas. Mary Jane was very friendly, without being pushy. The store's not big, but has a reasonable selection of good, basic yarns (aka- not full of novelty fun fur). Plenty of wool and wool blends, cotton, alpaca, mohair, silk, and even buffalo yarn.

I had a nice leisurely shopping time there, only broken by an offer of coffee or tea from Mary Jane (they have a nice little kitchen area in the back room) and by another yarn browser with an enormous dog in tow. Part Newfoundland and part Great Pyrenees - it was a seven-month old gentle giant (that puppy's going to be huge when full grown). This is a nice store to visit - a bit far for me to go very often, but it's on my list. (yes, I spent plenty of money there, too)

5 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Hee hee! I'll be in the area later today!

How nice is that, offering you coffee or tea! Always good to find another yarn shop.

So, what did you buy?!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

You're just as bad as me! Where are the pics of the loot?

Those stitches on the Marrige Gansey are really popping!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Hi Cynthia- Your gansey looks terrific.
Tea and yarn shopping, what could be better?

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you are so lucky, I am on a quest to find the perfect yarn store. The one I have in town is full of novelty yarn and snooty sales ladies. *sigh*
I love the gansey. Will you be writing up the pattern?

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The marriage gansey looks great! I hope your yarn gets to you quickly.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home