around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Sunday, October 08, 2006

SSS Swap sock received!

I got it! I got it! (ok, visualize me jumping up and down at this point)

Heatherly the YarnYenta was my sock maker and she did a great job. See? It fits beautifully! (Excuse the colors there, the camera was doing weird things - it's not orange.)

Below is a much better picture and shows all the nice warm browns (and other colors) off. She was trying for 'violin colors' and did a great job. Besides the great sock (made with Mountain Colors Bearfoot in color Yellowstone - yay!) and its neat pattern, she also sent me two other patterns - a sock pattern that I'd been thinking about getting for myself (how did she know?) and a really cute sweater pattern. If I'd been thinking, I'd have the name of the patterns with me but I'm doing this from the office and the patterns are at home (of course).

There's also a set of bamboo dpns in a darling brocade needle case, one of those transparent yellow pattern markers (boy can I use that!), a bookmark, a yarn needle and some wonderful blueberry tea with the brand name of 'Stash' (ok, I really had a giggling attack on that one!).

Thank you so much, Heatherly! This was my first swap and it was a smashing success...

Now to knit the second sock -

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

i am sooo excited that it fit!
at our house we have um...4 violins... lol!
i signed us up to take lessons. i played in 2/3 grade and always wanted to play more than mary had a lil lamb. i some day want to play flight of the bumble bee, you are probably rofling as you read that! so that you play obviously was exciting to me. i can now play 3 songs. :-)
enjoy your tea and socks. i love love love stash teas! if you dont have them where you are that is a shame. :-(

11:49 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

That sock is great! Lucky you...looks like you received a great swap.

Stash teas are fantastic. If you see more (I usually find them at the Health Food store) - pick them up, there are so many yummy ones.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! Perfect socks for autumn.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home