around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Texas Monarch Migration (with extras)

Let's start with an American Painted Lady..... Then the Monarchs coming in for a landing....
...and then feeding on the nice, sweet-smelling flowers....

The Gulf Fritillary coming to the feast...
And this was one of those once-in-a-lifetime shots - see the reflection of the Monarch in the hood of the car? The reflection looks larger than the butterfly itself.

All pictures were taken by my husband....

5 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Hey, how come I don't have a blog photographer? Love the photographs, especially the last one.

1:36 PM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

How cool is that? Maybe I better run outside and see if any are migrating overhead here. Yeah, run...who am I kidding here? Great shots!!!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some fabulous pictures!

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic picture. Hey, you got spoiled rotten by your SSS pal, ain't it great?

9:30 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Oooo wonderful! Such a great experience and pictures too - that you didn't even have to take! Yeah, life is good ;)

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home