around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Pssst! .....I've escaped from Sleeve Island!

Can you feel the excitement? At 11:01pm last night I cast off the last stitch! See me doing cartwheels? (ok, maybe not cartwheels)

And now, on to finishing - which, thank goodness, will not be much. I'm going to tack down the ends of the button band to neaten them up a bit and then I'll start blocking.

Meg left a nice comment on my entry for the sweatshirt jacket -the blocking photo - but didn't leave me an email or website address. She was asking for blocking information for jumpers.

Meg - I'm probably not the best one to ask, since I rarely block my sweaters. If they're Arans or otherwise highly textured, I leave them strictly alone. I find most of my other knitting doesn't seem to need much blocking either - my tension is usually pretty even and things usually hang together well enough. There are lots of good resources out there on blocking, though.

The sweatshirt jacket, being made out of my own uneven handspun, definitely benefited from a good blocking and Fearless Fair Isle is screaming for it, too. I'll document the steps and photograph everything so you can see, Meg, but a lot of it depends on what you're trying to block.


Marina, uhm, I, uh, may have borrowed your sleeve mojo to finish my last sleeve ... by accident, of course.... I'll give it right back... sorry....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! And I must say, I'm quite impressed, it's beautiful, plus from your own handspun. That is my dream one day!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Very, very nice! Are you doing the happy dance? Ready to begin one of your own?

Too late, I wouldn't be needing it for a few weeks as I just cast off my last sleeve ;-) Just in time to celebrate my birthday by casting on as many projects as I can!

1:52 PM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

Whoooohoooo! Congrats on the escape. It must feel fantastic to have finished. Looks just great!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Woohoo!!! Happy dance! Congrats on a job VERY WELL DONE!!!!

I finished Lush, now it's time for me to get crackin' on Ophelia.

Yay you!

:)

8:21 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Congratulations!!! It looks wonderful :) Now if I could only get to the sleeves.........

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home