around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Monday, September 11, 2006

Could it be?

Yes, it is! It's sleeve #1 of my Fearless Fair Isle! Of course, I still have to knit sleeve #2, but I quickly picked up stitches and started on that last night so I wouldn't get stymied with second sleeve syndrome.

I tried to convince myself that sweaters with only one sleeve could be this season's fashion hit - but, fortunately, I'm not very convincing. It will look much better when the second sleeve is finished.

Love my new camera... or rather the new 'throw in my knitting bag and take everywhere' camera. It's a Kodak EasyShare C330. It will be handy for all those knitting shots.

For the more serious picture taking I've ordered a Canon Powershot S3 IS. It's got lots of zoom and high-end gadgetry. I'll let the DH figure that one out.

I'm wishing now that I'd bound off the neck band and button bands in two colors like I did for the cuff. It looks nicer, but I'm not going to go back and re-do any of it. The thought of re-knitting any part of this gives me the willies.

I'm trying to decide which sweater to start next - my red fisher gansey or my super-complicated what-was-I-thinking fair isle design (that one may become two sweaters instead of one). Do you notice how I'm blythely assuming that this second sleeve is going to somehow knit itself in a few days?

I may give myself a rest on sweaters and go back to my Tina shawl - it's been sitting in the UFO basket long enough. It deserves to be finished.

There will be a sweater in the works regardless. The Dallas HandKnitters Guild's Circumnavigate Cardigan project. The only thing I have to decide there is the recipient. Do I knit another sweater for myself? Or does it go to someone else? If for someone else, I'll need to get detailed measurements (it's a custom-fit sweater).

(Ok, I read that previous paragraph and a vision of half-a-dozen people leaving comments with their measurements just filled my head.)

At least the Circumnavigate Cardigan is on a rather long timeline - we won't be finished until May. I'm sure I can squeeze a few other sweaters, a shawl, maybe a half-dozen pair of socks into that same time frame. Why don't I read War and Peace while I'm at it.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Yay, bravo! We have a sleeve! Now, don't you go starting something else. I want to finish some things this year ;-)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

The cardigan is beautiful! I aspire to knit something so gorgeous.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Heh, did you know Ms. Marina is not going to finish anything until you finish Fearless and I finish Ophelia?!!

My pick would be the red gansey.

It's looking pretty good by the way!

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how very, very beautiful your cardi already is, this is certainly one of the most beautiful designs/patterns I've seen for long! Okay, it would have looked a bit strange with one sleeve only - but hey, pretty nonetheless ;)

3:41 AM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Fearless is looking great! :)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home