around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I dropped the camera, but I did not drop the deputy...

(with apologies to Bob Marley and I Shot the Sheriff) - sorry, I couldn't help it and now I can't get that song out of my head.

At first, I thought it was going to be alright (even though I dropped it on a hard surface). It powered up, the lens came out....but wouldn't go back in....and wouldn't focus....

Any suggestions on a replacement? My main reason for having a digital camera is to feed the blog, so easy upload and good resolution are my main criteria. My husband wants something with a manual zoom, so he can get good close-ups. I think we may have to get two cameras just to accomodate our different needs.

So - no more pictures for awhile. I've got a few pics of my sss sock progress (taken before the accident), but I'm not showing those yet.

Knitting Progress Report:
Fearless Fair Isle - I've moved to dpns on the sleeve; it finally got too small for the circular it was on.
Spearfish socks - Working my way down the leg of sock #1. I love this pattern.
SSS sock - Shhh! I'm not telling.

Guild Night:
My first meeting as an official member! They were a bit overwhelmed last night - 77 members showed up. We're going to knit Medrith Glover's Circumnavigate Cardigan this year (September through May). It should be fun - this sweater incorporates lots of good techniques.

Exciting News!

I've now got my own copy of the Holy Grail of Fair Isle sweater techniques - Alice St*rmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting! We won't discuss how much I had to spend to get this treasure, but I'm thanking my husband for putting up part of the money. I had had an opportunity to read it once before (before some sorry so-and-so stole it from the local library), but now I have my very own copy (insert crazed laughter here)!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, poor you, what a nightmare! I'm so sorry to hear the camera's broken, and I'm even more sorry to be of no help with recommending a new one - we have a Nikon D70s, but I'm afraid this is not really a camera mostly for blogging purposes, too expensive and heavy and big...
How fantastic that you got Alice Starmore's book - I've heard only praise about it so far and I'm sure you're going to totally love it!

3:35 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

What did you say your address was? That's one book of Hers I don't have.

Is that the first or second sleeve? As I told Brigitte, I will not be finished with anything until Ophelia and Fearless are done!

6:23 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

I second Lorraine on the Cannon powershots - I had the film version last 14 years and I wouldn't trade my digital S45.

That book is the one that hooked me for good :)

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home