around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Getting close

I'm getting close to finishing this puppy. Sleeves are seamed and attached to the body. Next stop - crocheting the front edges.
After that, knitting the neckband, sewing on the pockets and sewing in a zipper. Think I'll block it prior to the zipper, though. It needs some evening out since my yarn isn't the most consistent product. Yeah! Finally get to use my wooly board!

Seaming with handspun - not the best idea in the world. My yarn is rather rough and not terribly even. The more I sewed with it, the more abraded it became. Still managed it though. Next time I'll use commercial yarn for seaming.

Sewing 81 stitches at the top of the sleeve to 61 stitches in the armhole - This is why I really wanted to knit down from the armhole. Took me longer to get everything lined up evenly than it did to actually sew it up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh, yay! It's looking great! This is so exciting, I can't wait to see the modeled shots (hint, hint...).

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's looking so awesome, absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing the hint about seaming with handspun yarn, I already made a mental note of that!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Cynthia dear, if you had the appropriate accomodations, I would buy you a couple of sheep!

It's gorgeous and really quite amazing that you spun it all with a spindle.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home