around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

so, I lied (kind of)


I said I was working on sleeves this weekend, didn't I? Well, I ran out of yarn for the sleeves of the installment sweatshirt jacket Friday night and just couldn't make myself spin any more. (But I did get pretty far along before I ran out.)

It was too dang hot to work on the Fearless Fair Isle. I couldn't see well enough to make myself work on the railroad stitch socks (darn that navy blue yarn). Notice all the rationalizations to keep me from working on my WIPs?



So I started (and finished) something new!




This is another baby sweater for Parkland hospital. Sirdar Snuggly dk yarn (50 grams/191 yds) and my own design. And I didn't lie completely - look, there are sleeves!

I'll probably whip up a hat and booties to go with this, since I've got plenty of this yarn.


But now, on to things with deadlines - this sock-

must look like the other sock -

in 9 days. Time to get a move on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Okay, that doesn't count. At all. See, if you run out of yarn, that can't be helped, right? And if it's too hot to have a wool FI sweater on your lap while you work the sleeve, that can't be helped either. So, perfectly logical to me.

That's one cute little sweater!

:)

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home