Pockets are finished on the installment sweatshirt jacket. They definitely 'make' the jacket. Now I'm committed to spinning up the remainder of the 'old' roving before I start the sleeves. In order to keep color placement even (and not run out of yarn) I'll have to put both sleeves on the same needle and start from the cuff. It's a bit of a shame, because I really do like to pick up stitches and knit from the shoulder to the cuff in the round (and that's what the pattern calls for). I've got about 2 1/2 ounces of the lighter roving left - I'm not sure how far that's going to go.
Thank goodness I've got a full 8 ounces left of the Black Welsh Mountain top - plenty to finish the tops of the sleeves and the collar. I'm even fairly confident that I've got enough of the lilac Shetland yarn that I spun earlier to match the body stripes on both sleeves and collar and may even have enough to crochet the front edges (where the zipper will go).
No, I'm not going to attempt the Siamese sleeve thing that Anne did on her fair isle (although you should go see Marina's Siamese sleeve sample - she's done a lot of work to evaluate the technique). Both sleeves will be on one circular and I'll knit them flat, like I did for Mom's sweater earlier this year. It means seams to finish but I don't really mind that.
I feel wonderfully like a geek right now - I finally figured out how to put links on my blog's sidebar. A small victory for me, especially since this template didn't come with that already included. I freely admit that Blogger Help was actually a help this time.
I was surprised how many links I needed to put in there (and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch - to be added later).
quote from a Chinese fortune cookie - 'Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing perfectly.'