around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm happier now

This is working much, much better for my sweatshirt jacket. I ripped out the 'close pattern' and reknit it as stockinette. Looks better, feels better, is easier to knit (and won't take near as much yarn). I wouldn't mind doing this pattern again, as written, but will do it with the recommended yarn next time.

I'm out of yarn again, so it's time to spin again.
I'm also happy with my Fearless Fair Isle. I've picked up the button bands and steeked the top and bottom so I can knit it in the round. Can I say enough times that I'm so glad Anne and Wendy have been demonstrating their Fair Isle techniques for neck bands, button bands and sleeves lately? Since Wendy's pattern was written as a pullover, I'm flying by the seat of my pants on the buttonband part anyway.

I'm almost at the critical point of starting on buttonholes. I'm tempted to just put a buttonhole at the center of every row design ... they're already nice and even. That means ten buttonholes (including one in the center of the bottom ribbing and one at the neck). That's a lot of buttons, but I'd rather have too many than not enough (gap-osis, yuck).

Of course, I only bought 6 buttons way back when I was planning this, but I'm thinking that the Woolie Ewe keeps these in stock (hoping, anyway). If not, I'll just pick out a different set of buttons.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Sweetie, won't it be easier on the wheel? It's looking lovely, but ...

Who needs buttonholes? I do them but I don't use them. Shhh, don't tell anyone but Roscalie still has no buttons ;-)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Butterfly has no buttons either...shhhh... Boobage got in the way, but I like it better that way (the no buttons, that is). :)

I *still* cannot get over that you are knitting your sweatshirt from yarn you are SPINNING FROM A DROP SPINDLE. Girl, you deserve a prize!

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home