around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, June 08, 2006

See? see?

See what happens when I feel too bad to be at work, but not too bad to knit? A whole sleeve! I vegetated all day on the couch Wednesday, watched movies and knit. I've even got a start on sleeve #2.

A new plan for the installment sweater jacket......

I finally invested in a good scale - I've got 8 ounces of black roving spun and knit into the sweater already; 6 ounces of black roving left to spin; 4 ounces of lilac shetland yarn spun.

That 8 ounces got exactly one-half of the body done (13 inches of the 26 inch length necessary). Unless I'm planning on a sleeveless jacket, obviously I'm going to have to find more roving....

Yeah for eBay! I've found 8 ounces of Black Welsh Mountain combed top and hopefully it will be here soon. (I also asked the vendor if they've got more, since that's not going to be enough.) The pictures look very like the roving I already have, so I'm wondering if Nefertiti was Black Welsh Mountain? Hopefully, it will be close enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Hi Cynthia! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just had a peek around yours too, and I think I'm really going to enjoy reading more. I love the blue sweater you're working on. My favorite colour, and it looks so comfy cosy! Where did you pick up the pattern?

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home