around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

why, yes...I spin, too.


I've been sick for a whole, miserable week. (see me feeling sorry for myself?) It started as a sore throat/cold type of thing and then progressed to asthma and bronchitis. I didn't even feel like knitting!

But I did feel up to spinning.....
I got my new eBay win - a ceramic acorn-shaped support spindle with a cute little ceramic bowl - and got my new lilac Shetland bat from FireAnt Ranch and started spinning. I've got four ounces of fiber, which translated into a surprisingly huge pile of roving.

The little spindle is great...it's well balanced and spins forever. I've got about 46 yards of 2-ply worsted weight skeined up so far. I'm thinking I'll get about 100 - 150 yds out of this. I'm not a particularly fast spinner but I find it very soothing and I'm very pleased with the results.

I don't have a particular project lined up for this yet, although vague notions of using this as trim for the gray roving I've got stashed for this are dancing around in my head. The weight is about right and it'll brighten up the gray a bit.

Who knows, maybe I'll actually start knitting again tonight...if I can keep the coughing down.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

You're full of surprises! Do I see a wheel in your future?

Hope you feel better soon.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home