around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Detour

I had this irresistable urge to knit a washcloth the other day (It's all Natalie's fault again - she knits lots of cute washcloths). This is the Flower Buds cloth from the Dishcloth Boutique website. Washcloths are fun and fast to knit...I finished it last night, took the photo, then went and washed my face with it. Talk about instant gratification. As I have a huge cone of this stuff (why was this in my stash?), there will be more white washcloths to come. hmmm....does cotton dye well?

As the photo proves, Fair Isle progress is being made as well. Another 30 rows or so and I'll be at the front neck steek. (Yes, the black blob in the center is Emy taste-testing the washcloth.)

I was looping through all my usual websites and blogsites, grumbling ....'why don't these people post more often!' Then I thought ....'Self, if you're not going to post every day, then don't complain about how often everyone else posts!' Grumbling over. I thoroughly enjoy my daily dose of knitting (and other) blogs and admire those who can successfully find the time to provide fun/interesting/thought-provoking content on a regular basis. 'nuff said.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

I was wondering whether folks actually used those things. I guess you do ;-)

Hey, you're going too fast for me! It's looking quite lovely.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cotton does, indeed, dye well. It has a tendency to fade faster than wool or silk, though. Play with Kool-Aid!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home