around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Monday, April 10, 2006

The kindness of strangers


I was going to post an update of the Fearless Fair Isle but after looking at the picture from last week and calculating how many rounds have been finished since then it's rather pointless. Instead, here's the Young Lady's Evening Stocking from Knitting Vintage Socks. As you can see, this was my main knitting project this weekend. It's a knee length sock with a lacy open-work design.

I left a comment on Lorraine the Knitting Hammy's blog last week, asking her about the software she uses to design Fair Isle (she does yummy stuff, go look!). She not only replied and let me know which software she uses, but gave me a mini-tutorial on designing Fair Isle! She gave me some good ideas - I need to re-visit some of those designs I've been working on. I'm always impressed with the willingness (eagerness, even!) of knitting people to share what they know. Thanks, Lorraine!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen (pieKnits) said...

The sock in progress looks great! I really want to get that book.
Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Finally got around to adding your blog to my Bloglines! :P I thought I had it in there, but I guess not!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Lorraine is a class act, isn't she?

The sock looks lovely and girlish. Looks tough to knit lace in the round.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home