around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bits & Pieces



Progress report:
Fair Isle - A tiny bit longer
Sock - a lot longer Washcloth - half-way done
Felted kitty toy - done (and with a bell in it, too)

Somehow, it was just difficult to pick up a nice warm wool sweater and work on it this weekend. I think it may have had something to do with the hot muggy weather and all the yard work I did on Saturday and Sunday. The thought of draping that nice warm wool over my hot sweaty legs did nothing for me. I was doing well to work with a little sock and a cotton washcloth.

Reading material! What could be better than two Fair Isle books, a sock book, and a new book of cable-y goodness! Amazon.com delivered them last night. And, my WendyKnits book is finally on its way!

Speaking of books - I've read Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting several times. I don't have my own copy but it has been available at my local library. I went hunting for it a few weeks ago and it wasn't to be found - it's not checked out and the rather ominous online status is 'trace'. Hopefully, it is just shelved in the wrong place (they're remodeling and the place is pretty much upside-down right now). Surely, no knitter would just walk off with it? We don't do things like that do we? If you're lucky you can get a copy for around $175 right now - there's no way the library will ever replace it if it has disappeared for good.

Hopefully, it will turn up after they've finished remodeling and have reshelved the books...or maybe someone will finish their Fair Isle project and return it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

You still look like you've been busy. Re : library books ... It really disgusts me when folks tear out pages! That was the state of the copy of the Starmore Aran my library had.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home