around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Friday, April 21, 2006

i'm weak....continued

OK, I broke down and ordered that yarn in color Wave (Reef looked a bit bright for me). I'm playing with my Sweater Wizard software - trying for a short tunic-style sweater with a front placket, polo style collar and 3/4 sleeves. I'm thinking maybe an overall garter-rib, with cables on the bodice and on the lower part of the sleeves to provide a bit of fit. Being worsted weight, it will hopefully knit up quickly (in time for summer). I'm even going to be good and machine wash and machine dry my swatch to make sure of the gauge. If it's going to shrink I want to know now!

So what's happening with the projects already on the needles?
I'm going to rev up on the Fearless Fair Isle cardigan this weekend - it hasn't been languishing exactly but it hasn't been getting the attention it deserves. The second Young Lady's Evening Stocking is rocking along just fine. I may even knit another washcloth with the never-ending cone of kitchen cotton.

Pictures on Monday!

2 Comments:

Blogger sillyewe said...

Cynthia, Where in Texas are you? Wondering if you are nearby.. I am enjoying your blog quite a bit! The Fair Isle looks great and I have the same wooley board. Love it! Makes so much difference. My email if ya want is: oboechik at hotmail dot com.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sweatshirt jacket . . . b/c of the pockets. I love pockets! - your sister

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home