around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

An end and a beginning

A project finished!

Young Lady's evening stockings from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.
Yarn: Regia 75%wool, 25% nylon
Needles: Brittany Birch dpn's Size 1.5

It's a knee-high sock with a lacy openwork pattern. We'll see how well they stay up. They seem to fit well enough. I love the extra deep heel - I may use that in future. I usually make my heels a little deeper than usual but this is a lot deeper.
A project started!

It's my Knitpicks ShineWorsted (60% cotton, 40% Modal) in color Wave. The pattern is my own - using the Sweater Wizard software as a jumping off place.

I'm keeping this simple, 'cause I'm in a hurry. I'm usually all about the process - in this case, I want the product! This is yummy yarn - very soft, slightly shiny and a nice drape.

It's funny - I adore working with wool but hardly ever wear it (I'm in Texas, after all). I dread working with cotton but that's what I wear.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Awesome! The socks look great.

The Shine project is looking good. I need a couple of cotton things but just can't bear to leave FI yet.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home