around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A good weekend



Spindles in the photo from left to right:
Ceramic acorn support spindle by Anne Grout
Top whorl maple/walnut by Viking_Santa
Top whorl maple/walnut/cherry by Kundert Wheels

I just got the Viking_Santa spindle yesterday (it's an eBay win). Smooth and balanced with a neat barley twist just under the whorl to make it easier to wrap - 1.3 ounces is just right for most of my spinning (a little light for what I'm working on now, though).


Weekend Update!

Plans for the long Memorial day weekend -
Finishing the ShineWorsted sweater front (well - not quite, but I'm getting close)
Spinning 100 yards of Nefertiti's wool (101 yards done) (then 13 yards done on Monday to test the new spindle)
Knitting said wool into the installment sweater-jacket. (101 yards knitted - It's now 9 inches long)

Oh ... and spending time with my husband, playing with the kitty, and doing the usual chores. (yes, I did manage this)

And going over to Mom and Dad's (yep, did that, too)

Mom didn't have a dropped stitch on her poncho, it just didn't look quite right at the time. She's made a lot of progress on it - I'll have to take some pictures and post them here when she's a little further along.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

No way I'm going to take up spinning ;-) I mean, you start with one and then you have to have another and before you know it, you have a whole lot. Same with wheels it seems! I have no idea why you need more than one and so I wouldn't be able to explain it to the husband.

Anyway, both Shine and the installment jacket look great and they're really coming along.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home