around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Monday, June 19, 2006

Now where was I, again?

I felt guilty about ignoring my existing projects to start a new one so I spent some quality time on my Fearless Fair Isle and on my sweatshirt jacket. The Tina shawl will have to wait until I feel I've got enough patience and time to figure where the heck I left off last summer. I suspect there were errors in execution that need to be ripped back.

The Fearless Fair Isle is seven rows away from the front neck shaping! It's hard to tell that I did anything compared to the last picture, but I promise there was progress made. (Lorraine made me do it - she made me feel guilty about leaving my Fair Isle alone for so long)











The sweatshirt jacket - I got the additional fiber Saturday afternoon and spun up about an ounce yesterday. It is a very close match but a bit darker than the existing stuff. Not a problem, I've got a plan.... ;-)

The pattern changes where the body divides at the armhole (which is where I am now). I'll start with the new fiber at that point. The leftover old fiber will be used for the pockets and maybe the bottom of the sleeves and the collar, depending on how far I can make it stretch. There will be narrow bands of the lilac shetland between the color changes.

BTW - Black Welsh Mountain combed top is very nice to work with - it spun up very smoothly, although I may have made this skein a tad bulkier than I needed.






Speaking of that new project... I'm enjoying this sock. It's a simple k/p pattern but you still need to pay attention, especially at the leg shaping. This will be strictly a traveling project though - I need to concentrate at-home knitting time on my sweaters (and that poor neglected shawl).

5 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Actually, she meant for you to start a new one. Same way she got Brigitte, http://wrappedaroundmyfinger.blogspot.com/ to start a new one.

Hey, I do that too ... put one shade on the top part of the body and sleeves & then call it a "design feature" ;-)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Yeah, Lorraine's good at influencing you in those subtle ways...
:)

Wow - the Tina shawl?! From Fiddlesticks Knitting? Good on you for working it. I suck at lace, and admire anyone who tries. Me, I forget how to count.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you have such amazing projects on the go at the moment! Your Fair Isle work is absolutely stunning, it must have been quite some task getting that far, wasn't it? I'm still pretty anxious starting my first Fair Isle Project, but seeing yours certainly inspired me to try it!

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Lorraine, she just can't stand to see a Fair Isle design to languish in the kit pile -- good for her -- and congrats on your Fearless Fair Isle -- it looks great!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meants "knit pile", not kit pile - sorry about that LOL!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home