around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Monday, June 12, 2006

Mission accomplished!

3/4 sleeves? check
tunic length? check
placket & little stand-up collar? check
flat garter stitch ribbing? check

Yes! We have a completed summer sweater!
Pattern: My own extremely tweaked pattern using SweaterWizard
Yarn: Knitpicks Shine Worsted in color Wave
Needles: Denise size 7 circulars
Started: May 1, 2006
Completed: June 11, 2006

It didn't shrink as much as I feared (and planned), but it still fits great. Of the extra five skeins I ordered (when I was panicking) I only needed one. Know anyone that needs 4 skeins of Shine Worsted? Ok, I lie - it's going into stash for future fun.

I threw it in the washing machine and the dryer and it came out beautifully. This yarn is a little on the heavy side, but that gives it beautiful drape in the finished product.

I'm wearing it today (even though it is going to be close to 100 degrees again). It's perfectly comfortable in my air-conditioned office.

I ended up modifying the pattern as I went - some of the suggestions from Sweater Wizard weren't my cup of tea, but did provide a good jumping off place.

After a few emails back and forth with my eBay vendor (Mountain*Shadow*Ranch - Teresa was very helpful & patient), I'll be receiving 16 ounces of Black Welsh Mountain sheep combed top very shortly. I believe this will be enough to complete my installment sweater jacket, but if it isn't it sounds as though she'll have more available. I spun a bit more of my remaining roving last night, but I'm holding off knitting any more until I see what the new fiber looks like.

Now that the flurry of summer sweater knitting is over I can return to my Fearless Fair Isle WIP. And maybe I'll even pull out my UFO Tina shawl.

Or maybe I'll just cast on a pair of socks....I'm going through sock withdrawal.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does look great! Beautiful colour, and all the better that it's so easy care!

Any pictures of your Fearless Fair Isle WIP?

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home