around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

and more of the same

The 4th of July became a knit-a-thon for me. I had a bit of a headache (from the weather change) and just sat and knit all day long.

My Fearless Fair Isle has gained part of a sleeve. Have you been over to Anne's site lately? She's knitting both of her sleeves steeked together! What a great idea! She's also got the link where she got the idea. Of course, I didn't see this until after I had started mine the traditional way (cutting the steek, picking up the stitches, and knitting down). I'll definitely keep this in mind for the next one though.

As soon as I figure out how to add things to the sidebar, I'm going to join the Fair Isle web ring. I also want to put up regular links to the people I visit all the time (that list keeps getting longer and longer). Of course, I could just ask my husband - he's an IT person, after all ...

Speaking of the DH - he never looks at this site, although I tell him what I've got in here. I was trying to tell him the other night how much fun it is to communicate with people all over the world about the things I love to do. He looked at me and said 'It's like having pen pals, isn't it.'
You know, I never thought about it like that ...

The sweatshirt jacket had that 60 yard skein (spun this weekend) knitted into the back yesterday. I'm only about two rows from finishing that section. Out of yarn, so it's time to spin once again. Brigitte had some very kind comments on her site about this project - thanks! Brigitte is working on Ophelia right now (Lorraine's beautiful design). She also put up a link to Garnstudio's free patterns ... They've got over 1300 beautiful free patterns. It'll take me forever to just look at all of them, much less knit any of them (and did I mention that they're free?).

I'm still chugging away at the railway stitch sock, too. Since it is relegated to work/lunch/travel time only, it is going rather slowly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Hey, I saw those Siamese sleeves being discussed on Yahoo groups. It will be interesting to see how she does it.

Penpals? My family thinks it's so weird that I call you guys my "friends" and that I've even met up with a few while on vacation!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home