around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Friday, August 11, 2006

And it's around the back turn



6 days left....

I've turned the heel, so feel a bit more confident of finishing this on time.

Have you seen WendyKnits? Her cat Lucy has her own Socks that Rock colorway! Don't let Emy know, she might be jealous. After all, sock yarn is one of her favorite chew toys (along with sock needles).

Designing an Emy colorway... Ok, mostly black, with a little white and a little green (for the eyes). Hmm, maybe not.

So far, Brigitte is the only one to register a vote on the Red Cross socks. I'm inclined to agree that the best thing to do is just reclaim the yarn. Maybe I can find an interesting sock pattern to pep up the army green.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

I think an Emy colourway would be nice! Black and green, mixed with white? Why not!

How's the Fearless Fair Isle coming along?

5:50 AM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

Hi, Cynthia,
Thanks for the comments! I am pretty certain you can only use black, but they do allow other colors for "leisure" socks. And I bet Kim (the co-ordinator) would love to take them for that. I love the color, frankly. The group is on Yahoo and you can just sign up there if you like. I think it is a great way to use your knitting gifts. :0)

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Brigitte, an Emy colorway would certainly be nice - black, green, white - yep, sounds great and unique!

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home