around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

the great sock race

8 days and counting down.....

(Objects in mirror are closer than they appear...)

There would have been more, but I messed up and had to pull out a couple of rows - apparently I can't chat (even with other knitters) and knit at the same time.

For those of you that suffer from Second Sock Syndrome (who, me?) - Adelle at Girl is Crafty is starting a great swap. You knit one sock then send it and all the stuff (yarn, pattern, etc.) on to someone else and they knit the second sock! While you're knitting a sock for them, they're knitting one for you. You get to knit two totally different socks! Sounds like a great idea, doesn't it? The sign-up deadline is August 19th, so get over there if you're interested. I need to assess the project list before I take on anything more - it's very tempting, though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

I'd never finish that poor girl's sock! Not that I get SSS, it's because I only knit on the train home (9 min's...), and sometimes at lunch...

5:12 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Knit socks, that is...should've added that!

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home