around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Friday, September 22, 2006

De-lovely


De-lightful and De-licious, too. (I watched that movie about Cole Porter the other night - can you tell?)
I'm really liking this Spearfish sock pattern. Following my own 'guide to finishing socks', I cast on for sock #2 as soon as I grafted the toe and wove in the ends of sock #1.

Don't worry, though. This weekend it's Fearless Fair Isle on all channels all the time! I'm so determined to get this sweater finished. It may not happen this weekend, but it'll be a lot further along, I promise.

Besides, I've got an order of J&S (and a little bit of Jamieson's) coming soon for those swatches I need to do. And an order of Frangipani's 5-ply gansey yarn (in color claret) that Jan tells me is all packed up and on its way this morning. And secret patterns and yarn for Christmas knitting that I ordered yesterday.

And I may want to go ahead and cast on for that Circumnavigated Cardigan a little early (but not before I finish Fearless - I remember my vow to Marina.) I made the mistake of getting my swatch out and doing the calculations for this thing last night. So now I want to start knitting it.

Speaking of Jamieson and Smith Shetland Wool Brokers and Jamieson's Spinning, Anne has a wonderful entry from yesterday about the history of the two companies. I've only used J&S so far, but will probably be adding Jamieson's to the mix as I do more Fair Isles.

Looking at the list realistically (well, maybe not) it looks like I've got enough knitting planned for the next year. That still doesn't include the Tina shawl and a few other projects that have yarn and patterns waiting for them.

Oh well, it's better to have too much to do than too little!

3 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Your blog "ate" my comment on your last entry!

The socks are lovely! I like the way the pattern carries on along the foot.

I really do not have a preference for one or the other! In fact, I can't tell one from the other and have used both in the same garment. I only support J&S because they're end-user friendly and I'm frugal ;-) If Jamieson's went back to selling to individuals in the US and Canada, I would support them.

Your list isn't so bad then ;-) I have to live a looong time to complete my "list"!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Those socks are lovely! Is that your "recycled" yarn?

I first read your entry yesterday, and it saved me from starting something new! *guilt* I received some goodies in the mail. But - I resisted!

Enjoy working on Fearless this weekend!

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, I appreciate it. I'm trying hard to be more "pleasant", but it'll be a struggle, at least it's beautiful outside so hopefully that will help.

That sock is beautiful by the way.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home