around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Monday, October 09, 2006

Gansey progress

I slipped it on two circulars so I could try it on and make sure the size was working out. I'm very happy with my progress, although I'm going to rip the last few rows back. I managed to mess up the 'marriage' line - it zigs one stitch too soon on most of that round.

By the way, 322 stitches per round on size one metal needles is hard on the hands (my hands, anyway).

I'm enjoying the pattern and, ignoring the 'zigged when it should have zagged' incident, it's really easy to keep up with it.

The Spearfish sock is almost past the gusset now. I'll post a picture when it's finished - hopefully, later this week.

Thanks for the comments on my husband's butterfly pictures. He's having a great time with the new Canon digital camera. He'll have an even better time after he works his way through the rest of the rather formidable user manual and advanced manual. It's like taking a college course....

4 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

It's beautiful Cynthia, I love the colour. Yikes - 322 stitches?! I guess I shouldn't complain about Western Seas!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Grrrl, it's gorgeous but do you mind slowing down a bit? You're putting some of us too shame ;-)

I don't think I'll ver do a gansey if it means using a size one needle!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A college course without credit. Poor hubby.

The gansey looks great! The design really pops out at you (not that I can see a one stitch off zag).

Size 1 needles? Yowza.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this is coming along so beautifully - I really love the pattern as well as that gorgeous yarn you're using! I can so well imagine how hard that many stitches on the metal needles must be on your hands - but the result will be worth it!

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home