around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Country Socks are done!

Pattern: Country Socks - Folk Socks by Nancy Bush
Needles: Brittany Birch US size 1 1/2 (2.5 mm) dpns


Changes to the pattern? I left a few more stitches in the circumference of the foot since I was making this for a man rather than a woman. I also did a flat toe instead of the star toe.

I like this pattern - not too fussy, relatively fast knitting, but not just a plain ribbed sock. (I love plain ribbed socks, by the way. I've made a bunch of them and will probably make lots more.)

Well, that takes care of one gift for far, far away.... now I need to get on the ball and finish the lacy cashmere scarf. It's still only about 1/3rd done. That's what happens when I get distracted by other projects.

Marriage gansey? What marriage gansey? Oohh, that gansey.... I'll get back on that shortly.

Fair Isle? Well, I gave up on ever seeing yarn from the previous vendor (at least she never charged my card). I've ordered directly from the source - Jamieson and Smith. Rather than one skein each of all the different colors I wanted to try for both Fair Isle designs, I went ahead and ordered all the yarn I need to make the first one (hopefully enough). Better to concentrate on one at a time. (snort...like I ever do just one thing at a time.)

Circumnavigated Cardigan? We get to cast on next Tuesday! I've been keeping myself from casting on ahead of time - I want to do this one with the group. Besides, there are more urgent projects on the needles right now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Just curious ... do you keep pace with the group or do you do your own thing (which could be race ahead or keep being distracted and lag behind)?

The socks are beautiful. How do you like that yarn?

Poor Gansey! She has to watch other projects being knitted on and new yarn come into the house ;-)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Marina is our conscience... But, I'm with you, I have the attention span of a goldfish these days.

Love the socks!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

Simple socks are the best! Star toe? I keep going back and looking at the picture of the cardigan. I am anxious to see what you do.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice socks! I like ribbed ones myself.

Yeah, I really like that one at a time idea. I just can't seem to ever do it.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks. I know whatcha mean about ribbed socks. If one was going to jump into Fair Isle, what would you recommend as my first project, any resources you would recommend? Thanks Cynthia!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Hi Cynthia- Most knitters have several projects on the go- it's hard to concentrate on one thing exclusively.
Can't wait to see your J&S shipment.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home