around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Friday, October 27, 2006

goodies




Some of you wanted to see the swag from my last yarn shop stop....







** Wow, Mom doesn't usually leave the big toys out for me! ** (no yarn was harmed in shooting this footage - I think she was scared of it)

Sock yarn - Schaeffer Anne sock yarn in a nifty autumn colorway and Steinbach Wolle Strapaz in one of my favorite shades of bright blue. Don't think I've used either of these brands before.


Kathmandu Aran in color Bark - This is the ongoing search for a complimentary yarn for my Circumnavigated Cardigan. I'm not going to have enough of the estate handspun that I've chosen for my main color, so this will be for the bottom ribbing, cuffs, button band and collar. It's got a similar feel and heft as the handspun so should work OK. Any extra may become a matching hat or mittens.

I'm trying to figure out how I spent so much money on so little yarn... and I didn't even succumb to the buffalo yarn!

And a gratuitous shot of Country Sock #2 - I think the odds are good to have this close to finished this weekend!

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I've had a couple of requests for the marriage gansey pattern. If I like how it turns out, I'll probably write it up and post it here.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, this is some yummy yarn - I can't even pick a favorite, they all look so amazing! And your sock is coming along really fine, can't wait to see it all finished!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

"I'm trying to figure out how I spent so much money on so little yarn..."

Ain't that the truth? Even when I unpack 100+ balls of J&S, there's the little voice that tells me, "they're only 25gm balls"!

The Kathmandu and the homespun looks pretty good together.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Love the autumn colourway! Aren't the kitties funny when they paw tentatively at the yarn (to see if it'll paw back?)!

Very good choices!

4:40 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Looks like a good haul- and I've also tried to figure out the money outgoing to yarn incoming ratio- it's very confusing.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, cool, about the pattern.

Pretty yarn! Scared of it? That's a good thing. I try not to think about cost & yarn.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, wedding gansey. I say that like I actually have the ambition to finish it. I'll enjoy it vicariously through you. Great yarn haul. Cats+yarn=super cute pictures.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

You'll love knitting with the Anne - enjoy!

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home