around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Welcome to 2007

I was going to list all the stuff I knit last year and all the stuff I wanted to knit this year. I even had a post saved in draft. Forget it.

I knit in 2006.... a lot. (I think that's enough of that)

And this is what I'm working on now:

The Circumnavigated Cardigan. Remember how I claimed I was going to knit it along with the guild and not get ahead of the game? Right. Like that was going to happen. I'm nearing the top of the shoulders now.

This is one of those patterns that you need to read carefully and do exactly as written. Trust the pattern, it will get you there just as promised. I was tickled to hear that Medrith Glover will be at our May meeting so she can see a whole guild-full of her cardigans.

See the top of the pocket here? That's where I should have been by now. I'm afraid I got excited about fusing pockets and just continued on.


A plain stockinette sock. I don't think I've done one of these since my first disastrous Red Cross socks. It makes for very soothing knitting. That's Regia sock yarn and my favorite size 1 1/2 Brittany Birch dpns.

And my Christmas present from my husband. He suggested Quiviuq yarn since he knew I'd wanted it for quite a while. I was going to order one skein, but he didn't think that was enough! Isn't he a sweetie! Two whole skeins of Quiviuq yarn and a scarf pattern fromFolknits! These will make matching scarves for my husband and I.

Well, that's about all for now. Since it is year end and I'm an accountant, I'm going to be pretty busy from now until after our audit in March or April. If I'm not posting very frequently, that's why. I'm still reading lots of blogs on a regular basis, but have been pretty horrible about commenting..... I'll try to get better about that, but am making no promises right now. So Hi! to all my friends out there. Hope you're having a great new year.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thank heavens! I had wondered what happened to you, but I understand the whole accountant thing. My ex-husband is an accountant, he would disappear Dec. 26th and resurface around April 15th every year. LOL! I love grafting Kangaroo pockets, aren't they cool? I did my first on Rogue. What a lucky gal you are having such a great hubby as to buy you yarn for your stash...we are newlyweds, I am still training mine.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

What a wonderful husband?! But then again, you could have chosen a bigger scarf or shawl and instead you're knitting one for him! Hmmm.

You are bad! But then sometimes, other members are just so-o slow. Oops, one year later and I still haven't finished my Am Kamin sweater!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

Love the cardigan! Where do you get the pattern? I have searched but can't seem to find a source - only references to how great it is!

Best of luck with tax season. :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Hi Cynthia! Great to see you posting again.

What a fabulous hubbie! 2 skeins? Oooo, I'm jealous, it's going to make the loveliest, softest scarves

And as for jumping ahead? Hey, I'd be the same! It's hard to resist when you find such a great pattern. I don't know what it is about kangaroo pockets, I just love how it all lines up so perfectly. Such a good feeling...

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what beatiful scarves they will be. What a wonderful gift.

I don't envy your job for the next few months.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

That's a wonderful gift- and he gets to benefit too. Lovely pattern.
2007 looks to be shaping up to be a great knitting year. So exciting for all of us.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great hubby! And he's so right.

I'll be in roughly the same boat as you, being an EA. See you in the spring! (even though I am secretly planning on finishing both my sweaters in time to wear this winter).

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home