around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Paper

That's the traditional first anniversary gift. So do I send a ten dollar bill to Blogger or something? Or maybe some nice stationery?

This is the first anniversary of my blog - it's also my 150th post. Not that I have much to say today.... it's kind of a blah day here. Rainy and yucky, but not freezing, thank goodness. Oh well, if it's nasty weather out this weekend, maybe I'll at least get a lot of knitting done.

I'm in the mood for stew, thanks to Rebekah's entry 'why knitting is like stew' so I'll probably go to the store later on and grab the ingredients for Brunswick stew. (I make mine with chicken, not squirrel, the traditional meat for this stew.) Her entry also gives me justification (at least in my own mind) for keeping lots of projects going at once.

And I might as well do this meme from her blog, too:

The Page 123 Meme
1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, look down to the 5th sentence.
3. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Include the title and the author's name.

"He said it so often that I began to smell a rat.
You and Knighton would make a very nice pair, Katherine.
Bless you, my children!"

The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I think stationary to an internet site might not be fully appropriate. ;)

Agatha Christie! I haven't picked up one of her books in awhile. Must remedy that.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Congratulations on your first Anniversary!

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary. I think it's a paper airplane you need to send.

Sorry for the craving. I want to make stew this weekend too now.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

Happy blogiversary! Enjoy your knitterly weekend with stew. :)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Congratulations on your first year! Here's to many more!
:)

4:54 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh, allow me to congratulate you on your blogiversary.
I like Agatha Christie, and I'm with you on the chicken.

Eating squirrel? No thanks.

2:41 PM  
Blogger 鳳梨酥Blue said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home