around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Friday, February 02, 2007

Brigid, poetry, and a new knitting club

In honor of Brigid's Feast and the silent poetry reading I present a really bad limerick - proof that I need to keep my day job.

Second Annual Brigid in Cyberspace Poetry Reading
WHAT: A Bloggers (Silent) Poetry Reading
WHEN: Anytime February 2, 2007
WHERE: Your blog
WHY: To celebrate the Feast of Brigid, aka Groundhog Day


There once was a knitter from Dallas
Who wished that she lived in a palace
Upon finding no yarn
“I’d rather live in a barn!
And knit up the wool ‘til I callus”



Yes, I admit I wrote that one myself. (See? I told you I need to keep my day job.)

On the knitting front - I didn't find good wooden buttons of a size to fit my fairly small buttonholes, but found perfectly matching standard buttons (I'm assuming plastic) that are working great. They disappear into the tweedy yarn on the button band and become virtually invisible. I've worn this cardigan for the last 3 days and am enjoying the soft, warm, fuzziness of it.

My local library is sprouting a knitting club - Dewey knit! (Cute isn't it?) The inaugural meeting is tomorrow afternoon from 2 - 3:30pm. I'll probably go and check it out. Always need another excuse to sit and knit for a while with like-minded people. I've already met one of the organizers, since I do all my studying at the library. She always wanders over and checks out my knitting - I sometimes knit and read management books at the same time.

Hope you all have a great weekend - stay warm!

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

It's very clever and oh so true. And with a book/knitting club named Dewey Knits, you could hardly help yourself. ;) And we wouldn't want you to.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

I think it sounds great and so appropriate! Well? Have you shown it off to your group?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

I really have to check out my library to see if they have a knitting group...

So, can we see a buttoned up picture too?!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

A knitting group in a library? Sheer heaven. Have fun!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvelous! Dewey Knit, how clever.
I like your limerick.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home