around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I've Circumnavigated my Cardigan!


Pattern: Circumnavigated Cardigan by Medrith Glover
Yarn: Body - Estate sale homespun - wool & mohair? / Trim - uhmmm, I'll have to look it up
Needles: various Addi Naturas, Brittany dpns, Crystal Palace dpns
Size 8 for the body and size 4 for the edging
Changes to pattern? Nothing really, although I did the optional shawl collar

All I need now are 9 small buttons - I'm thinking wood would be appropriate. As fast as this thing is developing a nice fuzzy halo, I'm figuring there's got to be mohair or something similar in the mix. And I love the subtle natural variegation of colors. I finished the last sleeve last night, wove in the ends (not many) and I'm wearing this sucker today. Wonderfully soft and warm.

Now that the obsession is over, I can concentrate on other things...........

7 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Hey, that was quick! It's lovely. Hope all the cold weather we're having goes your way. Then, you'll be able to wear all those cardigans you've been knitting ;-)

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks wonder. I relaly like the two yarns together it really is inviting.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

I. Love. It. Wooden buttons, definitely.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wood buttons or perhaps some dark metal, an antiqued silver or bronze maybe. It's lovely, and it's done! Congratulations! Now we need a picture of you wearing it.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it's so cute! Wood buttons or those mother of pearl ones....

So pretty. And so fast!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Ooo, wooden ones! It's beautiful Cynthia, and I love the shawl collar.

Great job, and quick too! So what's next?!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

My vote is the wooden buttons.

Another success- how do you live with yourself?

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home