around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Fickle

After waxing poetic about my Circumnavigated Cardigan last week, I proceeded to ignore it for several days - talk about fickle! Instead, I sweated, ripped, and swore my way into the first of two matching quiviuq scarves. Why is it that I can never get a lace pattern right the first time? It's got a 12-row repeat that isn't all that hard - there's only 38 stitches, for goodness sake! I frogged this thing at least four or five times.

I finally got my head into the right 'working-on-lace' place and have been having a ball with it.

I did finally feel guilty about abandoning the cardigan and finished up the first sleeve yesterday, while sitting slug-like on the couch watching movies.

And look at this! Remember that order of J&S that never came? The order I submitted back in September? I got a very apologetic email last week - and a very fast delivery with a discount. I'm tickled to get it even though I had already ordered some of the same colors directly from Jamieson and Smith. There's one skein of Jamieson in there too - a replacement for the discontinued J&S #55. When I finally emerge from my work-induced haze and swatch, I'll be very happy to have all this.

I also finally remembered to send off that scarf I made for Orphan.org. They need them in by the end of the month so they can send them out for Valentine's Day.

So, besides being sick most of this week and getting even further behind at work, it's not been too bad. I'm waiting on a STR order, though... the yarn for my 2 sis-in-laws' socks (and one for me). I probably one of the few sock knitters left in the world that hasn't yet tried Socks That Rock yarn.

8 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

I would done the same! How could anyone ignore the quivit?!

Hmmm, there might be a couple of blues there that I don't have! Still waiting for the USD to strenthen. :::big sigh:::

8:24 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I am anxious to see what you're going to do with all that J&s.

Why did they get rid of red#55? Is the substitute Cherry? It's not the same.
I have not tried STR, tho I have some in stash. That's two of us.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

Glad you order arrived.

I feel the same way about anything lace - you got to have the mindset. Decreases matching with yarnovers or it gets all honked up.

I, too, have never used STR. I comfort myself by saying it could never live to the hype at this point.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Hey, I think I'm another one who's never tried Socks that Rock!

Glad your order arrived is right! Wow, well, I'm glad you received a discount. Did she, uh, mention, WHY it took so long?!!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quivit, I'm jealous! That scarf is beautiful too, I love the pattern you did.

All that yummy yarn. How can you stand it?

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't ignore the quivit. It's not nice. And clearly you weren't sitting sluglike on the couch - you were knitting!

I haven't tried STR either. That scarf is really pretty! It always takes me a few (hundred) repeats to get the pattern in my head.

Wow, that's a long wait! Fell between the cracks, eh? But wow, nice haul.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always love your lacy scarves.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do that too, go on and on about a project and then consequently ignore it for a week.
I am glad you finally got your order. I can't wait to see the swatching to come.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home