around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Monday, February 19, 2007

Mother is still in ICU. Well, let me rephrase that. She's back in ICU.

If you've dealt with major medical issues, you'll be familiar with that kind of thing. She went from ICU to a room; started having trouble breathing; went to the pulmonary ICU; went back to the cardiac ICU. Oh, well. Considering everything, she's not doing too badly.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers - they're much appreciated.

The best knitting for hospitals? Something that can be put down quickly without getting pulled off the needles or hopelessly lost on the pattern. I managed two repeats of quiviuq scarf #2 during her surgery, but have only been able to work on my stockinette socks since. Thank goodness for stockinette socks! Thank goodness for audio books on CDs, also! I've been listening to Agatha Christie's Towards Zero during my sojourns in the ICU waiting room.


I did manage to finish Quiviuq scarf #1 before surgery, but didn't block it until last night. It's always amazing to see the pattern open up when you block lace. I'll try to take an unpinned photo tonight. (Those are blocking wires running through the convenient columns of yarnovers.)




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf looks great!

And sort of good news/bad news about your mom? She's in my prayers to just get better and go home.

Hospital knitting is always a challenge. I have to have something, but the something varies.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Oh dear, hope things settle down with your mom. How are you holding up?

The scarf is gorgeous!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful, it's like airy chocolate!
I will indeed keep you and your mom in my prayers. If you need prayer for something specific, shoot me an email.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

Hope today is better for your mom. She'll be in my thoughts.

Isn't it funny how you need that knitting? Even just the stockinette socks.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that, at least in there she'll get the constant care she probably needs. Your in my thoughts.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh, I'm sending good thoughts to you for your Mom, Cynthia!

Your quiviut is beautiful, by the way.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home