around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Monday, March 05, 2007

I need a life

As I was sitting here taking pictures of my feet I realized two things:
1. I'm really glad I have an office door with a lock - I can't imagine trying to explain why I'm taking pictures of my feet to the CFO or the President.
2. I need to get out more, as this is the highlight of my day.

Mom's sock #1 is to the heel. Yes, I remembered to use the carry-along reinforcing thread that Lang Jawoll provides. No, I didn't like it and took it out. I use the traditional slipped-stitch heel and the extra bulk just wasn't working. I'll try it again with the toe (where I get most of my wear).

A rare photo of the species Felinus Emy in its natural habitat. Please ignore the dust. We just leave that around to make Emy more comfortable (yea, right). See the Monarch picture behind her? That did not receive an award at the local photo contest. Neither did the two butterfly photos my husband entered. We've decided the contest is rigged. We'll probably enter again next year as part of an undercover sting operation to find out how far the rot goes. (hee, hee)


Mom got to go home from the hospital on her birthday. Way to go, Mom! She has spent the last few days resting (much better than was possible at the hospital) and will start rehab this week. Dad's relieved to have her home and Mom's relieved to be there. And Otis, their Jack Russell terrier, will be even more relieved to be released from the local prison (otherwise known as the vet) today. Thanks again for all the kind thoughts, wishes and prayers everyone!

Now go knit a square for Rebekah! I've had too many distractions this time around, but I'll hopefully join in the next time. Sounds like she's going to have enough for a nice big blanket.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have often thought of that same thing when I take pictures of my knitting. When I show a slideshow to my in-laws I have to explain what all the knitting/spinning pictures are for.

I'm so glad your mom is home, I hope her recovery is speedier now that she's in a more conducive environment.

That's the one nice thing about the knitting community, there is almost always a charity item to help out when we have time. So we don't have to feel guilty when we don't have the time for ones.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

That's great news about your Mom! And she'll have a great pair of socks too.

Emy's so cute!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Cynthia- That would certainly be the highlight of my day- what's wrong with that?

I also leave dust around- to make the house feel more comfortable.
I love Emy.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

Great news about your mom! there is just no place like home.

I am with Lorraine - those socks are worthy of being the highlight of a day. They look great!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really great news about your Mom - all the very best to her! I really like the socks you're doing, they look fantastic - and your kitty is so absolutely cute!

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, you don't need a life, I like your life. I LOVE those socks. I love the Mom's red socks too. Very sassy. Glad to hear mom is home, what a birthday present.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Mom! And on her birthday too.

What? There are people who don't understand sock/knitting pictures? Who knew? lol.

Rigged for sure! That's a lovely shot of the monarch (and Emy & the monarch).

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home