around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Know your priorities

I need new clothes. I need new shoes. The house always needs new stuff. The cat probably needs something new, too.

What do I order?

A new spinning wheel. A Lendrum double-treadle. New in the box.

See - my priorities are all in the right place.

Anybody need a very slightly used Hitchhiker wheel?

Those links are not where I got these by the way. I bought my Hitchhiker direct from the guy that makes them and the Lendrum is coming from an eBay vendor.

My only excuse/reason is that I've been looking at the Lendrums for over a year and this is a heck of a deal. Ok - lame justification is over - I just really, really wanted it.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, it's a great justification. I mean after all you can't pass up a great deal! Can't wait to see what you spin up.

I have to admit though, I love the hitchhikers simply for the thumb!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

A "deal" on a Lendrum seldom happens and that's a good enough excuse ;-)

But I must say that I don't remember you spinning yarn on a wheel in the past year! Spindle? Yes. Wheel? Nope!

6:49 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

I can relate to those priorities :)
Congratulations!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh, I can relate too! Whether it be yarn, or a spinning wheel...you deserve it!!!

4:24 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

If you want it, then you should have it.
End of story.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see no "lame" justification here?

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, needs must be met.

Good job on your sock darning! Fulled would be a pain. Cut and reknit with new yarn. Or knit another pair.

I love your gargoyle! I cannot believe squirrels would be so cheeky as to gnaw on him.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Have you sold your Hitchhiker yet? If not, how much are you asking for it?

10:15 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Same question from me-- I just laid eyes on a Hitchhiker at a wool festival this weekend, and I need something exactly that tiny...

I don't own a wheel, and I live in a itty-bitty condo I share with my whole family.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home