around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

8 random facts

I've been tagged by Tracey for the 8 random facts meme.

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Here goes:

1. I used to be owned by a horse (back in high school). This led me to believe that I would work well with large farm animals and led me to an animal science major my first year of university. Sanity prevailed later. (Cattle and I do not mix.)

2. My favorite color is blue... or is it red? Well, one of the two.

3. I have more hobbies than time.

4. At one point in my growing up years I wanted to be an Air Force pilot. This, coupled with the fact that I hate heights and carnival rides, is rather ridiculous.

5. I love to read fantasy and science fiction. I also love old-fashioned mysteries and spy thrillers.

6. I have a sneaky desire to own a pygmy hedgehog, but realize this would probably be a bad idea.

7. I'm currently re-reading The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde (Ok, we said this was random, right?)

8. I sat for part of the Certified Public Accountant exam 4 days after a car wreck. That's four days of exams in a cold room with hundreds of other poor slobs. Amazingly enough I passed one of the two parts of the exam I was taking. I sometimes wonder if the whiplash from 1992 is partially to blame for the present chronic neck problems.

I'm not tagging anyone. Feel free to tag yourself, though!

7 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

But why? They're so cute! Sounds like me. Independant and moody when woken up ;-)

5:05 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I'm not a heights person either- so a Pilot wouldn't be a good career.
Emy is so much nicer than any pygmy
thing.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Holly Jo said...

Before you REALLY decide to own a pygmy hedgehog you drop me an email. I've owned one.

Testing is miserable enough without being in pain from a car wreck - glad you passed some though!

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! You did it! Yeah, I went through the whole Air Force thing too, until they asked me to lose 5lbs....5lbs! Forget it.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pygmy hedgehogs are cute! Maybe you could knit a nice felted one to lull you over?

That's one way to make the exam worse.

Owned by a horse? lol.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

I don't think I would have made a good pilot either! The heights thing...oh, and the weak stomach...

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, didn't Cynthia used to live here? I know I remember seeing her here in the pastl....hmmm, did those nasty accountant tests eat her alive? HelllOOOoooooOO! Cynthia?!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home