around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Sorry - kind of took a break there

Guess I was on a blogging vacation - too bad it wasn't a work vacation, too. I haven't had a weekend in a while and am getting a bit foggy.

Oh, look! I really did finish a pair of socks!


I started on another pair using Regia Bamboo - a blend of wool and bamboo. Very soft... I'll post a picture one of these days. (you notice I'm not making promises on when that will get done)

Not much going on on the knitting front - that's what working horrible hours will do for you.

Read Harry Potter (of course) and even went to see the fifth movie. We went to a late showing last Saturday and there were only about 20 people in the theater. That's our definition of a good movie date - hardly any other people there.

Won't talk about the book here since there are probably people still finishing it - but I did enjoy this one more than Book 5 or 6. The first 3 books are still my favorites and I've even got Mom listening to the first book on audio.

Still taking pictures - this cooperative fellow let me sit down next to him for ages while he investigated the potential of those little white flowers.


My husband and I are contemplating adopting another cat. There's a beautiful tortoiseshell kitty at the local shelter that's been there over 7 months. She's 12 years old and very few people are interested in adopting an older animal. We'll probably go take look this weekend. So the next post may include pictures of a new member of the family.

4 Comments:

Blogger Traceyleezle said...

Wow, lovely butterfly. I like your socks quite a bit, I love the cable up the side. What's the pattern?

Congrats on the interest in the kitty. Hope it all works out. I know of course we'll see pics if it does.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you do adopt the kitty, it hurts to see an older animal in a shelter.

I can't wait to see her.

Beautiful socks.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh, the socks are wonderful! I love the pattern.

So, a new kitty would be lovely, and an older cat? Just as a wonderful and loving as a rambunctious kitten. Look forward to seeing pictures!

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet! I hope you can adopt the kitty, it's sad to see an older kitty in a shelter.

Wow, that's practically what Rebekah wrote. Aren't we all such suckers for the little critters? ;)

The socks look great!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home